It’s a fairly light week this week, but let’s catch up on the news anyway.
Technology updates (details are on the relevant technology pages):
- Apache Phoenix has seen a 4.11 release
- Elasticsearch, Elastic X-Pack and Elasticsearch Hadoop has all seen a 5.5 release
- The 3.0 alpha4 release of Apache Hadoop is out - first beta release is next!
- More from Adrian Colyer’s “the morning paper” - how relational databases can be faster than graph databases for some types of graph operations
- And other one from Adrian - this time reviewing a paper on Azure Data Lake Store.
- An article on Rescalable State in Apache Flink
- And I feel like we’ve committed to this now, but here’s part 5 of GridGain’s introduction to Apache Ignite. Should be over soon.
- And given my comments on security vulnerabilities disclosures last week, there’s a job lot this week