It’s the middle of the week, which means it’s time for the news…
Technology updates (details are on the relevant technology pages):
- Elasticsearch, Elastic X-Pack and Elasticsearch Hadoop have all seen a 5.6 release - a minor point release before the big upcoming 6.0 release
- Data Artisans have announced dA Platform 2 - which adds application lifecycle managment and components for logging and metrics to Apache Flink.
- Amazon have announced a new full stack data lake quickstart that runs on AWS - we should take a look at full stack solutions at some point
- Amazon also have a post on implementing the Lambda architecture on AWS without having to deploy or manage any servers
- And it’s part 3 from Confluent on how to get started with Kafka Connect